February is full of health celebrations. Here are my top 3:
Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. The good news is that heart disease can often be prevented by making healthy choices. (https://millionhearts.hhs.gov)
|February is National Children's Dental Health Month: The 2018 month long celebration is brought to you by the American Dental Association and Crest + Oral B; helping parents provide children with a healthy smile!|
Sweet potato pancakes
2 cups rolled oat (or oat flour)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup sweet potato purée
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Process/grind oats in a grinder, food process or high speed blender
- Add oats and all other ingredients to the food processor or high-speed blender. Process/blend until smooth. Set aside while you preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet, ½ - 1/3 cup at a time, fill with as many pancakes as fit comfortably fit.
- Cook on each side on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Flip when the center starts to bubble.
- Top the pancakes with maple syrup and berries to taste.
Mark your calendar for February 22nd celebration of National Cook a Sweet Potato Day.
Sweet Potato Delights (www.sweetpotatodelights.com) will be celebrating at the Phoenix & Dragon Bookstore located at 5531 Roswell Road NE in Sandy Springs, Ga (www.phoenixanddragon.com)
Yours in health, Dr. Velonda - TWITTER @drvelonda INSTAGRAM sweetpotatodelights
Post a Comment