- Choose healthier cooking options such as grilling, poaching, or baking.
- Reduce the meat in recipes by substituting with lentils, beans and/or peas.
- Serve a vegetarian option such as stuffed portabella mushrooms or the veggie biscuit casserole in this link http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/veggie-and-biscuit-casserole/0f801dfe-d833-4c8b-9fdd-db4129d52c87/?WT.dcsvid=MjA5OTE4MzE0NwS2&rvrin=C2ED7772-8994-DC11-920E-00110A5B41E6&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_PB_PB_2012_04_03&nicreatID2=Newsletter_PB_PB_2012_04_03#
- Use oils rich in monounsaturated such as olive oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil and sesame oil. Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/85379-foods-rich-monounsaturated-fat/#ixzz1r5gs6oBr
- Combine vegetables with nuts and/or fruit for delicious side dishes like this yummy yam casserole http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pecan-coconut-crumble-yam-casserole/fd66ed2b-b967-490d-866c-fbf6ba09611c/#
- Instead of sour cream, use cottage cheese blended with lemon juice.
- Try baking easy appetizers like these pesto pinwheels http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-pesto-pinwheels/d24a66b4-5ca1-4b64-986f-9e96d3fa5a8f/
- It’s perfectly alright to enjoy a little chocolate over the Easter holidays if you make sure you eat carefully at other times, watch your portion sizes and cut back on snacking. Choose dark chocolate eggs, which are lower in sugar, lower in calories and you will have the benefit of healthy antioxidants.
- Be sure to drink half your body weight in water (that’s 75 ounces if you weigh 150 pounds)
- Spring has sprung, so get out and walk or run!
Free shipping when you order your autographed copy of "Beyond Candied Yams & Sweet Potato Pie" before April 20th http://beyondcandiedyams.eventbrite.com