This is the time of year where "eating like a rainbow” is a no brainer.
You have heard it before, fruits and vegetables are not only good for you, they are your ticket to a lifetime of disease free health. They are not just for preventing disease, they provide essential nutrients and minerals that research has shown will ease chronic health conditions. In addition to research showing that a diet that is rich in fruit, veggies & fish keeps the doctor away, experts believe that pigments in fruits and leafy vegetables provide high levels of antioxidants.
You won’t need a doctor to fill your farmers’ market prescription for health. Top 5 buys you don’t want to leave the market without:
1. Spinach is loaded with iron, beta carotene, vitamin C and folate which supports healthy hair follicles and scalp oil circulation.
2. Kale contains more antioxidant than any other leafy green vegetable; which help ward off cardiovascular disease.
3. Blueberries are known to help lower blood pressure with their high levels of antioxidants
4. Beets, packed with fiber magnesium, vitamin B6, vitamin C and folate are known for their cancer preventing properties. Beet also have anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Tomatoes provides our body with lycopene; which help protect your skin from sun damage.
Summer Sizzles with farmer friendly fresh food and fun.
Registration is now open. For more info call 313-757-2635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in health,